Meeting called to order 11:00 a.m.
Officers Present: Chris Cost, Richard Hunter, Todd Ramsay and Brandon True. Also present: HOA Manager and residents.
It was announced that James Cheslock, President, had resigned from the Board effective April 13, 2022; reason for resignation being moving out of Mesa Grande.
It was announced that Brandon True, Vice President would assume the position of President.
The Manager provided an overview of the board election of December 2021 and announced that the member with the next most votes as Cecil Acton. A motion was made to nominate Cecil to fulfill the open position vacated by James Cheslock; term to expire at the next election in 2022. The motion was seconded and a vote was called.
The Board unanimously elected Cecil Acton.
Being no other business on the posted agenda, the meeting was adjourned at 11:04 a.m.
Note: This is not the official meeting minutes but meant to keep the community informed of activity of the Board and Management Company. Official meeting minutes are posted in accordance to state laws.
Officer positions were selected by the Board; James Cheslock, President; Brandon F. True, Vice President; Chris Cost, Treasurer; Richard Hunter, Secretary; and Todd Ramsay, Director at Large.
- Iron vehicular gates arched topped with custom metal community logo at top of gate; painted black. Design of gates will prevent climbing through and include additional safety measures for high traffic situations. Sable Canyon gates will slide open/close and Mesa Loop gates will swing open/close.
- Gates will be operable using state of art windshield reader tags; replacing key fobs. Homeowners will be provided tags to replace their current key fobs at no cost.
- Surrounding fencing and pedestrian gates will be in similar design and access will remain as today.
- Replace existing gates at swimming pool and sports court and an additional exit gate at swimming pool equipped with non-electric panic bar; gates will exceed code requirements.
- Vendor is providing two year warranty with assurance of better service response and parts availability.
Agreement to take steps to change the pool hours on Tuesdays dependent upon timing of chemical treatment by pool vendor.
Agreement to address continued issues with parking violations.
Agreement to pursue inspection of resident improvement projects in accordance to ARC/ACC approvals.
Agreement to review existing landscaping contract and bids for possible future action.
Agreement to direct the management company to obtain bids for repair, painting and improvements to exterior wall along Hardy Oak and the entrances.
Note: This is not the official meeting minutes but meant to keep the members informed of activity of the Board and Management Company. Meeting minutes are posted in accordance to state law.
First, we want to thank you for your patience and understanding during the past month as we work through issues getting the gates operational. Regrettably the age of the mechanics and ongoing supply issues presented additional challenges for quick repair.
Unfortunately after replacement of the cell boards to upgrade to 4G, as necessary, a faulty board now must be replaced. We are concerned that spare boards are not readily available and will be addressing as appropriate. Until the board is installed the gates on Sable Canyon will remain locked open.
Long term the solution is replacement and modernization of the gates, providing better mechanics and a more attractive entrance. Meetings are moving forward with a gate vendor to review recommendations and make final decisions to move forward, posthaste. As you are probably aware this item was budgeted for 2021 but held back because of supply chain and labor shortage issues.
For you, we have created a new page on the MG HOA website “Gates” where we will post information and provide updates as the replacement project moves forward. Again thank you for your continued patience and as always we welcome your comments, feedback and suggestions. We also encourage your attendance at the quarterly meeting of the Board.
MG HOA Board of Directors