Need to Know
 
 
 
The gate code for the current month for use by guests and vendors is posted in the Residents section under Gates
 
Please supply this code to your guests and vendors in order to help keep your personal code secure.  This code is for both Mesa Grande and Echo Canyon gates.
 
As a reminder those using the key pad are to yield to homeowners that use remote devices for entry. 
 
Upcoming Events:
 
  • September 30, 2022 - 5:00 pm: Deadline to file for Board of Directors election (for electronic ballot);  see below for more information
  • October 1, 2022 -  from 7 am until 3 pm:  Community wide Garage Sale
  • October 1, 2022 - from 9 am until 11 pm: Volunteer Opportunity at Stone Oak Park: Plant and Pull (North Trails)
  • October  4, 2022 - (time to be announced): Mesa Grande’s San Antonio Neighbors Together Event at the Mesa Grande Clubhouse 
  • October 15, 2022 -  9:00 am - noon:  Stone Oak POA Arbor Day Tree Giveaway at North Central Baptist Hospital parking lot. SO Arbor Day Event
  • October 25, 2022 - 6:30 pm:  Regular Open Meeting of the Board of Directors at the Mesa Grande Clubhouse 
  • October 27, 2022 - 6:30 pm:  Annual MG HOA Members Meeting at the Mesa Grande Clubhouse 
  • November 5, 2022 - 8:00 am - 12:30 pm: Stone Oak POA Dumping and Donation Event at the North Central Baptist Hospital parking lot. SO Donation Event
  • December 17, 2022 - (time to be announced): Breakfast with Santa at the Mesa Grande Clubhouse 
 
 
Dear Homeowner:

The association is seeking two volunteers to be elected to the Board of Directors at the next Annual Membership Meeting. A full term is three years. The notice with details on the upcoming Meeting of the Membership and online voting instructions is forthcoming. 
 
Call for Candidates (Deadline to submit is September 30, 2022 at 5 pm): Any homeowner interested in running for the board of directors needs to fill out the candidate form available here Candidates Form to be placed on the ballot. Nominations will also be accepted at the annual meeting. Forms must at  be filled out in full, signed and submitted to Lifetime HOA Management before the proposed deadline. You can mail, email, or drop off in person, at Lifetime HOA Management at 18585 Sigma Road, Suite 104, San Antonio, TX 78258.

The Board of Directors makes important decisions for the community. Such as prioritizing maintenance of common areas, contracts, budgeting for current and future expenses, managing collection of assessments.

Volunteering to be a board member requires a minimum 10-15 hours of volunteer time per month for a full term. 

We appreciate your consideration, please contact Lifetime HOA Management at 210-504-8484 if you have any questions.

MGHOA
Board of Directors

 
 

Reminder:  Our community website was developed to serve as an informative resource for both our neighborhood and our local community. Please feel free to contact us with your comments and suggestions.

News
July 19, 2022 Open Board Meeting Review
Posted on Sep 4th, 2022
Following is an overview of action taken by the Board during the July 19, 2022 meeting.  Note:    This is not the official meeting minutes but meant to keep the members informed of activity of the Board and Management Company.  Meeting minutes are posted in accordance to state law.   

I.     Quorum reached; Board members present: Cecil Acton, Chris Cross, Richard Hunter, and Todd Ramsay.  Also present: Carmen Higgins with Lifetime HOA Management and several homeowner members.   Meeting was called to order at 6:30 p.m.


II.    The Meeting Minutes from the April 4, 2022 Board of Directors meeting were approved unanimously by the Board, as written.

III.   The Board discussed filling the existing vacancy on the Board using the method previously used by selecting the person with the next most votes in the last election.  Because the next candidates were tied in votes a motion was made and seconded to wait until the 2022 members meeting for the position to be filled.  The motion carried; and the members will now vote for two positions.

IV.   The Board discussed selecting the Officers and Directors as needed because of the resignation of the acting President.  Unanimously the Board selected for President, Richard Hunter; Vice President, Todd Ramsay; Secretary, Cecil Acton and Treasurer, Chris Cost.  

V.    The Board members signed the Board of Directors Code of Conduct.

VI.   A statement of the President was made by Richard and he thanked the Board for their trust.  He committed to frequent communication to the members, assurance the Board would not exist in a bubble and to would work diligently to bring projects to closure more quickly.  

VII.  Carmen presented the community managers report covering DCCR violations resulting from routine inspections.  For the period from 4/4/2022 to 7/19/2022:  Total Violations: 178; Total Re-inspections: 168; Total Closed: 158, and Total Actions: 378.

Discussion was held regarding balancing the affects of the drought and water restrictions and the need to still enforce the rules of the community in regards to landscaping.  

VIII.   Chris Cost presented the Treasurers report and advised expenditures through May were trending in line with the budget with limited impact by inflation, thus far.  Collections were pacing slightly better than 2021 and delinquencies year over year were lower.

IX.   Stephanie Dullea presented the ARC Committee report.  For the period 4/4/2022 to 7/19/2022: Total Plans Accepted: 35; Total Plans Rejected: 7; Total Plans Approved: 24; and Total Plans Denied: 10. 

Stephanie introduced the two newest of the three newest members of the committee advising the committee now has added one permanent member and two alternates.  She announced that Mr. Bert Denson had stepped down as a member of the ARC.  

The Board of Directors want to thank Mr. Bert Denson for his many years of volunteering with the Mesa Grande HOA; most recently as chairman of the Architectural Review Committee.   Bert brought a certain professionalism to his work with the committee and with the homeowners with their home projects.  

X.   There was nothing submitted for the Stone Oak Neighborhood Representative Report.

XI.   New business items were discussed by the Board and votes were taken on the following items as noted below:

A. Gate design.  The board reviewed photos of gates as submitted by Board members and chose a top choice and a backup to be sent to the vendor for approval and fabrication.  The ARC in attendance gave preliminary approval and the selections were circulated to the members in attendance.
B. Number of windshield stickers tags to be issued.  The Board discussed how many sticker tags that will be issued to replace key fobs. A motion was made and seconded to issue a minimum of two to every resident and if a resident has more than two key fobs, based on the management companies records, they will be issued an equal number of stickers.  The motion passed unanimously.
C. Proposed inspections of ARC projects.  The Board confirmed that the management company would issue violations when a project violates the DCCR as found during routine inspections.   A motion was made and seconded that in certain cases the Board would request the ARC to inspect projects to verify work is in line with what was approved, as allowed in article 3.4.5 of the DCCR. It was agreed these requests would be rare.  The motion passed unanimously. 
D. Discuss and established 2023 budget process and schedule.  The 2023 budget process will begin after the September 2022 financial statement is available and used as the benchmark;  Chris Cost will lead the budget setting process and provide to the full Board a preliminary budget for discussion and adjustments.  The budget will be approved no later than October 20 and presented at the 2022 members meeting.
E.  Discuss and establish meeting dates and times for the remaining meetings to be scheduled in 2022.   The Board members will provide the President a list of dates they are not available and dates of the meetings will then be selected and scheduled.

XII.    Old business items were discussed by the Board and votes were taken on the following items as noted below:

A.  Gate project.  Prep work began on July 18 and the design is being presented to the vendor on July 20.  
B. Additional lighting.  Required trenching stated July 18 and the installation process will begin shortly.  
C.  Parameter wall repair bids.  The Board decided to wait until after the gates were replaced to begin reviewing bids.  The RFP will specifically state that pricing should be good for at least 60 days to allow adequate time for reviewing, deliberation, and voting.
D.  Issues at Common Areas.  Carmen provided an update on the resolution of items that were identified as short, mid and long term action.  Including: repair of interior gate and fence at pool entry (completed); new sign listing revised pool hours (cost received by vendor and approved by Board); bulletin board at clubhouse needs replacement key allowing current permit and swimming pool waiver to be posted (open); lamp at corner of playground leaning (completed, covered by warranty); several mats on sports court need replaced (open); dead tree at entry on Sable Canyon and in playground (cost approved and open with landscaper) alligator bags were removed; lock on gate behind pool was replaced with a combination lock; potholes in parking lot (bid for $1,024.28 was approved by the Board). 
Other long term projects under review for work after the pool closes include repair and painting of iron fence and guard rails.
E.  Street cracks and repair, sealing.  A revised bid was received, factoring inflation and to be used as a benchmark for budgeting. Additional bids will be requested for review before final votes.  Cecil Acton along with the Community Manager will serve as the point person on the bidding process.
F.  Google fiber.  We don’t have definite dates we are continually in discussion with their representatives.  Prior to the beginning of installation we will meet with the Google project team to discuss timelines, schedules, logistics and the build plan
G. Street parking.  There continues to be a problem with street parking, particularly overnight.  This is a hazard and in some cases could prevent emergency vehicles from access. Street parking is frequently brought to the boards attention and it was decided to begin steps to allow towing when the violation meets the criteria established under the parking resolution.   The Board will meet with a towing provider and legal representation to set in motion the necessary actions to move forward.  
H.  Hidden Canyon.   Discussions in regard to Hidden Canyon were moved to Executive Session.   As appropriate findings will be discussed at the next board meeting.

XIII.  Other business, no other business was brought forward for discussion.

XIV.  Property owner forum.  One homeowner signed up to speak and expressed dissatisfaction that a response to the issue was not received from the Board.  The President apologized on behalf of the board and discussed the issue.. Since the items need greater investigation before a response can be sent, Richard agreed to take ownership and to provide a response as appropriate.  
Opportunity was given to all attendees to ask questions or make comment and none came forward.

XV.  The meeting was adjourned at 8:37 p.m.
Message Board
Please login to view this area.
Survey
Please login to view this area.